Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Vertical increse by six inches in 10 minutes


Took a page from book of Jones, and found a rush of strength the sent me hopping up like the old days. Gravity and old age has been a reality as of the past year or five. No two days alike. Nevertheless, I went on to the applied strength blog and was inspired to give the workout a try.

It went like this:

joint Mobilty, corrections for my issues ASLR, Brettzel and some t-spine mobility

16 kg for me

1 Turkish Get Up (right)+ 20 snatches / start in the up position, swing switch

1 TGU (left)+ 20 snatches

1 TGU rt + 15

1 TGU lt +15

1 TGU rt + 10

1 TGU lt + 10

1 TGU rt + 5

1 TGU lt + 5


these felt so good, I felt 25 lbs lighter (Normal 210lbs.)

Decided to check verticle and couldn't believe it but I could touch 10'6 at 6'2 and 49 years old was feeling very young. At least a 6" increase from the beginning of the workout.

Had to finish the rest of the routine which was another combination of Goblet squats reverse ladder 10-1 + 10 alternating swings. No need to write it out, just feel the burn, and was with the punny 16kg. Thanks for the workout Brett!


No comments:

Post a Comment